A well-wisher sent me this chicken ginger carrot soup with all good stuff in it to speed my healing from ‘hammer toe‘ surgery. (Hammer toe or contracted toe is a deformity of the proximal interphalangeal joint-via Wikipedia).
I don’t wish this sort of pain on anyone except Donald Trump, but I felt better after eating this soup. Highly recommended. Here’s a link to the original, non-chicken recipe from the paleOMG website.
- 2-3 cups chopped carrots (I used baby carrots)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (organic, gluten free (-:)
- Some (?) shredded chicken (free of added hormones & steroids)
- 1 (14oz) can of coconut milk
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced (the more, the better)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add in your coconut oil, garlic and onion. Cook up [until] onions are translucent.
- Then add in your carrots with broth and coconut milk along with ginger and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cook until carrots are soft, about 12-15 minutes.
- Once carrots are soft, use an immersion blender to mix until soup is smooth and creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender, add it to your food processor, like I did.
- Top with more fresh ginger and enjoy. I added some shredded chicken to mine and it was AWESOME.
I can confirm the awesomosity of the soup. Thanks again. Yours in healing, ‘Tod’.